Friday, November 03, 2006

Urdu Unicode definition file

Here is the Unicode keyboard definition for Urdu that I created to suite my intuition. I am sure this would be helpful for any Urdu/Hindi speaker who wants to write in Nastaliq. I would later write a key to help those who want to create a document in Nastaliq even if they don't know how to read nastaliq. Even better, I could write an ITRANS-> unicode converter at some point.

For now, just

i) download this file
ii) load the ukb file into Unipad or any other unicode text editor you may be using ( You can download Unipad from here)

and start using the keyboard.

اگلی پوسٹ تک کےلِیے الورہ


(good bye Until next post)

-created by entering the text "aglI posT tk kE lieY alvdO" in Unipad.

1 comment:

Anurag said...

1. ain is completely missing
2. y should be ي not ے, Y could be ے
instead.