Monday, November 04, 2013

Concentration

I find it somewhat amazing that for academic achievements just concentration alone matters the most. In my early childhood I could perform well (relatively) without needing to concentrate. Later when I was in college it appeared that I worked better under pressure. I considered this realization as my inherent nature throughout my studies and it probably even let me choose more "challenging" tasks in places where I would have to struggle a little.

It was difficult to find happiness with belief in working-under-pressure. In reality pressure had worked better for me only because I could concentrate only when I was under pressure - by eliminating all distractions. It was not easy to eliminate distractions in my adolescence without a pressure of some sort. It is probably only natural to experience this in adolescence. However, social withdrawal meant that my prolonged hours of studying literature, history and philosophy, although for fun but were always just "wanderings" of the mind. I could never think of making a career out what I enjoyed only because I could never concentrate on what I could give to others and thus make a career out of.


No comments: