Tuesday, December 18, 2007

For a cup of coffee...

It was the first time I have felt so uncomfortable in the new york streets that are always brimming with people. I tried walking to my gym last Saturday and it took me 10 minutes to cross just two blocks. For five minutes I was just standing amidst people with everyone around me probably as desperate as myself, to be just moving forward to their way. But of course, there were people with their kids showing them all the fanfare that holidays bring on the fifth avenue.

This is the picture of the most crowded Starbucks I have ever seen. Except in New york, people go to Starbucks to relax. I remember those fine evenings at school that I spent working on my math problems or writing assignments. The starbucks at new york fail to bring back any of those memories.

1 comment:

Prakash M Kini said...

Somehow, back here in Singapore, it seems kids do their homework only in starbucks. But yeah, starbucks is a ***send for coffee addicts like me.