Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A little something about myself

(If this stuff goes onto a resumé it would be the best one not to ever land up with a job)

I like to think that I am a person simple enough, not needing a whole buncha preferences for describing myself. I just feel better trying to define my essence, than listing out what I have donned from this world. I don't do that intentionally, must be beacause one of the instincts I carry.

Given my obsession with simplicity, I hate to modify problems to make them fit a made-up solution, in general. I think my world would've been a better place to live, if search for simple and justified solutions was the approach to problems, instead of marketing of complicated systems that I see so much around. My affinity for simple rules causes denial of artificial values and concepts. I really never want to voice or emphasize my group identity; I hate to feel like I am made for the institutions rather than them being made for me.

Right now, I am liking being a loner, in love with the solitude around me. I don't make friends myself. All the friends I got, I like to maintain and am (usually) ready to do anything for them. I don't really choose my friends, I don't think I can either. I am not a fatalist, but I do think like Schophenhauer in that regard.

But not even two atoms are alike, so I don't expect everyone to become like me or give up their natural tendencies for sake of integrity at conscience. I am an idealist, I think that my self-restraint or my conscience are as much a biological reality as are my animal instincts; To some people, I am a hypocrite, to most, I am just being myself.

Even when I am playing my guitar, I try to linger between noise and melody, in a mood to discover the order that creates 'music'. Not too surprisingly, I find primitive instruments-arts-writings to be simply very appealing too.

My approach to anything undiscovered stays simple: deconstruct, analyse, try to find out 'essential' rules, that give order and the very meaning that I observed; I simply love nature, art, music and maths.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To some people, I am a hypocrite, to most, I am just being myself

I stake my claim to the hypocrisy hall of fame too!